Friday, September 10, 2010

The Beginning

I guess I should start from where my weight loss journey began… It all started when Mr S and I decided we wanted to try for a baby. It was such a turning point in our lives, who knew what was ahead for us.

After a year of us trying to have a baby with no success, we decided that it was time to get some help because it clearly wasn’t going to happen on its own. We were two months off getting married. After a diagnosis of Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome it became clear that we did actually need a bit of medical assistance. So we started on some tablets called Clomid which pretty much forced my body to ovulate! Guess what…it worked the first month!

The day before we were married we went to the doctor for my very first obstetrician appointment, it seemed like an eternity in that wait room, the doctor was running 2 hours behind and I had so much organising to do for the next day. The receptionist offered for us to come back another time, but there was no way that I would leave that room with out seeing my baby first. By the time I was eventually called to go in I had worked myself up so much that something was wrong. So he started with the ultrasound first. I cried when I was finally able to see my baby for the very first time, I saw a heart beating away.

On the 23rd of July 2005 I married the man of my dreams. I was so excited, I had just snagged myself such a great guy and now we were going to be parents. We announced to everyone that we were going to become parents at our reception; they were all excited just like us. We left the following day on our honeymoon and enjoyed a perfect few days away.




1 comment: