Friday, September 10, 2010

Living in a bubble

Through the next few weeks I felt like I needed to live in a bubble, I was so happy but at the same time I kept getting this gut feeling like there was something wrong. When I was about 8 weeks I woke up and I was spotting, I made a call through to my doctor he just told me to rest as much as I can and if it gets any worse to come in and see him. Over the next week it gradually got worse. When I went in to see the doctor he was able to give me another ultrasound so that we could see what was going on. I saw a beautiful bean with a strong heartbeat. I started to feel a little more relaxed with the situation. That night I started cramping. Not to sure what was going on we headed off to the hospital just to be safe. This is where my nightmare began.

After sitting in the waiting room for over two hours, I was finally seen by a doctor who didn’t have the time of day for me. I told him my concerns and he laughed in my face told me their clearly wasn’t anything wrong because I didn’t have blood running down my legs. From there Mr S decided to take me straight to Bankstown hospital because the cramping was getting worse. The triage nurse sent me to get a urine sample and I miscarried in the bathroom.

After that I was in shock. I didn’t know what to do, I couldn’t move because I was in so much pain. Mr S came to check on me and as soon as he saw me he knew what had happened. The nurses were great they moved me into a bed and had me seen to almost immediately. I spent most of the night in tears, I was placed in a private room next to the paediatrics area, where I ended up spending the night listening to a sick baby crying. It was one of the hardest nights I ever had to endure. By noon the next day I was sent for an ultrasound to confirm that I had lost the baby, I had not passed all the tissue and ended up needing some surgery to top my day off. I spent the next two weeks in bed; I didn’t want to see any body. My perfect little family had just gone back to two people overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment